Paper I : (200 marks) Duration: Two hours
- 1. Current events of national and international importance.
- 2. History of India and Indian National Movement.
- 3. Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the
- 4. Indian Polity and Governance-Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy,
Rights Issues, etc.
- 5. Economic and Social Development-Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion,
Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- 6. General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change - that do not
require subject specialization.
- 7. General Science.
Paper II : (200 marks) Duration : Two hours
- 1. Comprehension;
- 2. Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
- 3. Logical reasoning and analytical ability;
- 4. Decision making and problem solving;
- 5. General mental ability;
- 6. Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data
interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. — Class X level);
Points to be kept in mind
- 1. Paper-II of the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination will be a qualifying paper with
minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%.
- 2. The questions will be of multiple choice, objective type.
- 3. It is mandatory for the candidate to appear in both the Papers of Civil Services (Prelim)
Examination for the purpose of evaluation. Therefore a candidate will be disqualified in
case he/she does not appear in both the papers of Civil Services (Prelim) Examination.